Various services are exclusively provided to members of the association and management is constantly adjusting services to comply according to our members’ changing needs. The following are the main benefits of being a member of the association:
MBA BOLAND LOGO
- Members have the right to use the MBA Boland and the MBSA logo on their letterheads, tender document submissions and quotations.
- The association supplies MBA Boland logo stickers free of charge to members for use on their vehicles to advertise their membership of the association.
BUILDING CONTRACTS AND OHS MANUALS
- Members have access to JBCC and MBSA series building agreements and OHS Manuals at discounted rates.
- Members can also purchase full First Aid Kits/Refills at MBA Boland.
- The MBA Office is capable and willing to assist members on a variety of problems experienced by builders/subcontractors in the building industry, if it falls within the ambit of the MBA Constitution and Objectives.
TENDER INFORMATION AND GOOD STANDING LETTERS
- All tender invitations received are emailed to members or communicated via response to enquiries. • A Letter of Good Standing with the association can be provided on request, on condition that the member meets the requirements at the time of the request.
REPRESENTATION ON NATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
The MBA Boland represents the interests of its members on the following Associations / statutory bodies:
- MBSA ET & T (Education, Training & Transformation)
- CETA (Construction Education and Training Authority)
- National Development Fund for the Building Industry / MBSA
- CASA / ASA / CPAP / JBCC
BUILDING INDUSTRY BARGAINING COUNCIL (Cape of Good Hope) (BIBC)
The BIBC provides the employees of MBA Boland members with fringe benefits such as a pension/provident fund, medical aid fund, sick pay fund and holiday pay and bonus fund. The MBA Boland plays the following role at the BIBC:
- Represents the interests of members as one of the Employer’s Parties at the Council serving on the following committees:
- Full Council,
- Compliance Committee, and
- Exemptions Committee.
- Ensure that various funds of members and their employees are soundly managed by the BIBC by serving on the following committees:
- Board of trustees of the BIBC Pension and Provident Fund,
- Finance Committee, and
- Budget Committee.
- Negotiates basic employment conditions and wage increases on behalf of members in conjunction with the other employer parties. This is contained in the Collective Agreement.
- Assists members with any BIBC related matters and compliance issues.
Members and their services are continuously marketed to the public via:
- Providing members with regular information of SA Builders.
- Promoting members in local newspapers.
- Free listing of members on the website (www.mbaboland.org.za).
- Members can advertise specials, etc. on the homepage of the website at a nominal fee.
- Members can advertise their business association with the association by means of the MBA Logo sticker on their vehicles.
NETWORK / PUBLIC RELATIONS
MBA Boland promotes members’ interests in various fields by serving on the following committees:
- Sub-contractor’s forum
- Members services Committee
- Legal- and Contractual Committee (MBSA)
- Occupational Health & Safety Forum
- Representing at MBSA Board • FEM regular feedback
OHS CONSULTING AND SAFETY SERVICES
MBA Boland has the following registrations with SACPCMP:
- CHSM (Construction Health and Safety Manager)
- CHSO (Construction Health and Safety Officer)
These registrations added to the expertise of the unit, enable the Association to deliver a professional service that meets all safety requirements.
Our Consulting Services Include:
- Developing of Safety Specifications and Base Line Risk Assessments for clients,
- Conducting of site audits and inspections,
- Submit written reports on audits and inspections,
- Assist with incident investigations,
- Provide assistance during Department of Labour enquiries, and
- Assist employers to comply with the requirements of the Occupational Health and Safety Act. This service includes:
- Visits to Building Sites
- Safety documentation
- First Aid and Safety Representative training
- Training for management
- Expert advice by our safety advisors
With the objective to improve safety on building sites, MBA Boland arranges an annual Safety competition in conjunction with Federated Employers’ Mutual (FEM).
FEM members get discounted benefits on certain services. Medicals are provided to our members at a discounted fee.
MBA Boland facilitates a wide range of training courses specifically focused on the building industry. These courses include, but are not limited to courses in:
- Scaffold Erector
- Scaffold Inspector
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment
- Incident Investigation
- First Aid Level One (two days)
- Health & Safety Representative
- Basic Fire Fighting
- Hazardous Chemical Substances
- Working at Heights
- Fall Protection Planner
- Plant Operator
- Medical Fitness Certificate Services
- Testing of chains, hooks, slings, and plant for their load testing certificates
Online Training: This is new to our members with discount prices.
- HIRA (Hazardous Identification Risk Assessment)
- Incident Investigator
- Construction Regulation Training
- Health and Safety Inductor
- Health and Safety Orientation
- MBA Boland provides assistance and advice to members on labour relations matters.
- MBA Boland provides members with a venue (if required) free of charge for disciplinary and appeal hearings.
- The Association can function as chairman or employer representative at disciplinary proceedings, if required.
- Members are assisted with the appointment or dismissal/retrenchment of employees.
- Assistance where matters are referred to the CCMA or BIBC for arbitration.
MBA Boland members will receive the following:
- Any new publications regarding the building industry or any Act relating to Labour Law.
- MBA Boland regularly updates members on the latest developments in the industry via social media, website, and direct emails.
MBA BOLAND VENUE
- Members can book the venue free of charge for arbitrations or any mediation purposes.
- Members can hire the venue for meetings and/or functions at a discounted rate.
- There is a bar facility that is open after working hours on a Friday where members can socialize and discuss matter of mutual interest.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
At the AGM, over and above the normal items on the agenda, the following awards are presented:
- Winners of the various categories of the Health and Safety competition, and
- Long membership awards.
ANNUAL DINNER AND DANCE
The annual dinner and dance is the highlight on the social calendar where members can get to know one another and enjoy a sociable evening together.
All Members qualify for a substantial discount on all services.
TEL. NR. 021-863 3330
DANIëL UYS (email@example.com)